Thankful

 

November service hours:5

total :12

I am in awe that we are already done with the semester! The last tests of the semester were Monday and I have continued to find new ways of studying that work best for me. You would think at 30 I would have learned HOW I learn best by now, but better late than never. 

Every year this season makes me reflect on the things I have to be thankful for and this year that is especially true. This year I am incredibly thankful for this program, the people in it, and the knowledge I have gained. Everyone from the professors to my fellow students want to see us all succeed as well as stay healthy and safe. 

This month Mary Neil and I were able to volunteer with Hagar's House which provides a sanctuary for women and children as well as resources and other forms of support. The women of Hagar's House handcraft items like candles (the jasmine candle is out of this world), lip balm, and teas and the proceeds of the sales go to supporting Hagar's House and its projects. We were thrilled to help by setting up and manning their stand at a local farmer's market. I can't wait to help support Hagar's House in other capacities as well. 

I also continued to write my senior penpals in assisted living. They are really on my mind right now with the Holiday season and all that is going on in the world. I hope that these letters show them that even though we are physically distant they are not alone and that people care. 

Comments

Popular Posts