April

April service hours: 2

Total Spring hours: 18

 April was a busy month. We started off with the NBME exam covering material from the entire year. It was incredibly difficult but was interesting getting a taste of Board style exams. Last week we wrapped up classes and today was the last test of the program! I can't believe how quickly this program has flown by! I continue to be so thankful that I chose this program, I am thankful for the professors and incredibly proud of my classmates. 

One of the highlights of this month of classes was an advances presentation I was able to give. The paper I chose was about a drug therapy that was being tested for preeclampsia, and I gave it during Black Maternal Health Week. Preeclampsia disproportionately affects Black women and accounts for far too many complications and deaths. I was glad to be able to highlight this important issue and show how passionate I am to try and do my part to change this. 

Outside of school I had a busy month as well. My in laws were able to come visit for a few days and then I traveled to Texas to see my sister get married. That was the first time I had seen my family in over a year! (YAY VACCINES) On top of that my oldest daughter is in the middle of LEAP testing for the first time! This means she has to go in person to take the test after she has been virtual all year.  I also continued my volunteer work with Postpartum Support International, such an important mission that I am so passionate about!

Comments

Popular Posts