New Year

 January service hours: 8

January finally arrived and with it a new year and hope for better things to come. The new semester started off with  a module covering endocrine and reproductive pharmacology all of which I find very interesting. I'm really excited for the Endocrine Pharmacology course this semester and learning about how stress affects the body. 

This month I had the opportunity to make a birthday cake for a little boy who is living at Hagar's House. I decorated it with his favorite characters from Paw Patrol. I also continued my volunteering at the market for Hagar's House. This month I also completed my training to be a peer mentor for Postpartum Support International and will be paired with a mentee sometime next week. I am eager to use my experience with my own postpartum anxiety and depression to offer support to another woman going through similar struggles. 






Comments

Popular Posts