February

 February service hours: 5

Total  spring service hours : 13

February has flown by and with it two fascinating modules on neurology and psychopharmacology. I have really enjoyed learning about the different mood disorders and the different pharmacological treatments. We also had a weeklong break for Mardi Gras, although Mardi Gras looked a lot different this year. 

This month I started my work mentoring with Postpartum Support International. I have enjoyed getting to know my mentee and finding ways to support her. Postpartum mood disorders can be so lonely and it can be comforting having someone to talk with who has been through it. I think that starting this program while learning about mood disorders in class also helped to give me insight that helped me be a better student and will carry on to help me a better doctor. I’m really grateful to have the opportunity to work with PSI. 




Comments

Popular Posts